Have you ever heard of Metro Manila? It is a premier area in Asia that includes one municipality and 16 cities. It is a hub with many business districts, including Pasay, Taguig City, Manila, Makati, Muntinlupa, Paranaque, and Quezon City. When you come here, you will witness the Spanish architecture of colonial times, huge museums, and even the most famous Chinatown. This is the place for shopaholics, as you can find exciting things to buy. If you are a foodie, you will enjoy being here as the lively foodie zone will attract and satisfy you with the best items available.
Basically, Manila is an important city in the Philippines and is a center for cultural, social, economic, and political activities. This place is situated on Luzon Island and stretches to Manila Bay in the east and the Pasig River at the tip. The earlier name of the place was Maynilad which comes from a plant called Nilad that grows in marshy conditions. This place has become a happening region as many municipalities and cities.
1 Population and culture of Metro Manila
You will be surprised to know that the total popularity of the place as per the 2020 records is 1,846,513. Metro Manila has been known to be a densely populated area, and it brings together the people from both rural and urban areas of the country. When it comes to the place’s culture, you will find a mix over here. There are Spanish, American, Malay, and even Chinese people. Hence, you look everywhere around the place, and you will find harmony maintained by the people. In addition to this, you will find a mixture of influences in the architecture, heritage, culture, and food they eat. The place is vibrant, and the credit goes to all the communities that live happily together.
The place witnesses a tropical climate as you will feel humid almost all year. The hot months here are between March and May and the cold months are only January and February. Hence, this is the best time to visit Metro Manila.
2 Political, financial, and commercial capital
You can easily get to Metro Manila by air. One of the best airlines to choose is Philippine Airlines as it is well connected with different parts of the world. This is where you can experience a merge of political associations as any new thing is commenced here and happens here. In addition, it is also a business or financial destination as people from different areas of the Philippines come here for trading, business, and even for multiple job opportunities. Finally, this is the place where companies, malls, and many other things open new areas for businesses and employment.
3 Popular places to visit in Metro Manila
If you are in Metro Manila, you should visit the following places.
- Rizal Park: It is known to be one of the largest urban parks in the city. It is a beautiful place to walk, roam around, and click the best pictures.
- Chinese and Japanese gardens: If you wish to witness the amalgamation of both Chinese and Japanese gardens, you should come and check out this wonderful garden and have a great time with yourself or your loved ones.
- Planetarium: This is the national planetarium located in Rizal Park itself. If you are with children, this becomes a must-visit place as it gives you great insight into the planets.
- Quirino Grandstand: This is a huge stadium where many sports and other events happen in the city, and many people interested will come to cheer their favorite teams.
- Orchidarium and butterfly pavilion: It is considered a paradise as you can find a huge assortment of flowers of various colors. This is a lovely place if you love flowers.
If you think Metro Manila is a vibrant place and need to check it out, book your next flight soon.