In this article we will talk to you about the importance of omega-3 Fatty Acids for our general health, but even though it’s very important, about 95% of us are not getting enough omega-3 Fatty Acids through our diets. There are two types of Fatty Acids, omega-3 and omega-6 those two types of fats should be kept balanced, otherwise the dominance of omega-6 can cause different diseases, inflammations and even cancers.
Omega-3 Fatty Acids are helpful to reduce inflammations while omega-6 promote inflammation, a regular American Consume about 4 to 6 times more omega-6 than omega-3, which is considered too high on the omega-6 side.
You may have heard about the Mediterranean diet which is supposed to be loaded with omega-3 and is believed to reduce inflammation, inflammation is the main cause for many difficult diseases nowadays, therefore it should not be left ignored
Clinical studies proved that consuming enough omega-3 Fatty Acids can be very helpful to alleviate many inflammatory conditions that include:-
• Reducing the risk for cardiovascular diseases by lowering bad cholesterol levels, plaque build ups in the arteries and the risk of strokes and heart attacks.
• Reduce joints and bone pains by reducing inflammations.
• Balancing blood sugar levels.
• Balancing Cholesterol levels.
• Preventing depression by Balancing mood swings.
• Sharpening the memory ability and concentration and Preventing diseases like Alzheimer’s and dementia.
• Preventing Digestive system disorders.
• Reduce the risk of cancer.
• Promote skin and hair health.
The best way to reduce the risk of chronic diseases or even alleviate the condition if you already got one is by increasing omega-3 fats in your diet and the most natural and safe way to do so is by incorporating more omega-3 Fatty Acids foods in your regular diet.
Best way to start right away is to choose grass-fed products like grass fed beef and eggs.
Another way is by increasing your consumption of wild caught fish like sardines, salmon, tuna and mackerel, and that by eating these types of fish two to three times a week.
Also consider taking a capsule of a good quality imega-3 supplements daily in the form of omega-3 supplements or cod liver oil, make sure you are buying a quality brand that ensures the fish oil is properly protected oxidizing.